Skip to main content

2023 Kitties

 

Saturday, January 28, 2023

Mia Edwards

We did it! Another foster fail!!

Victoria Mia "Mia" is now another member of the Edwards Posse.

We love her.

Mommy Mia.

Playing with her fish.

Helping Hudson with the synthesizer.

She loves being carried around.

She found the boy's beds.

Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Cat Diaries

It is never a dull moment in the Edwards Cat Ohana, hahahahahaha!  Cat Diaries.
 
Little Mia and Baby Blue.  Moments like this melt my heart! So happy they are becoming buddies.  Mia likes to pounce, hug, and kiss Baby Blue.  Finally, Baby Blue is deciding she likes it instead of hissing at her and just tolerating her.  Way to go Mia on insisting that she likes you!!

Mr. Moose joins our herd as he grows.

Miss Mia.  So funny!

School moment being silly.  Hudson reading his work, Dylan recording him.

Boys, I am ready to go with you to Kumon.

Hmmmm. Mia hanging onto the window sill.

Sunday, February 26, 2023

Animal Chaos

Always fun around the house with the animals!

 My name is Miss Mia.

Bella pigging out before breaking both bowls.  She is so naughty when she wants food! She knocked one off one day and another one off another day! UGH!

Bottle babies.

Miss Mia.

Love this cat.

Shelby and her pants.

Hudosn's old swim shorts. Hahahahhah

Treasure walk.

Fun morning.

Love this dog.

Friday, April 14, 2023

Kitten Shower

Kitten Love:

 Baby Blue has Hudson's' lovey.

Extreme Cuteness!

Kitten Shower Presentation.

How to care for them.

How to bottle feed.

Caring for Lucy like Momma.

Snuggles.

Grammie feeding her.

I think she likes it.

Lovebug.

Awe!

Sweet face.  She is learning about life.


Even the kittens make friends.

Lucy is growing up.

Sunday, May 21, 2023

Cat Cafe

 How convenient that the Cat Cafe is in the mall with the dentist!

I bought them tickets to hang with the cats while I got my teeth cleaned.

I think it was a good idea.

They enjoyed it.

Love cats!

Mr. Boss.

Love that the lady sent me all this pics of them having fun.

Enjoying the cats.


Sunday, May 28, 2023

Lucy

 
Little Lucy is growing up.

She loves to play.

My fish!

She needs a loving furrever home.



Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Cat Returns

 Movie night at the Cat Cafe.
The Cat Returns anime.

Security.

Fishing for cats.

Friends.

This cat is trying to smitten me.  It let me pet it the whole movie.

Little love bug.

Just us.

Hanging out.

Relaxing.

Thanks for taking and sending me pics and letting us come and pick the movie!!! 
We love coming to your cafe!


Saturday, August 19, 2023

Kittens

Off to get a pack of 4 kittens.
Oh how I have missed having these little creatures around.

Cat love.

Awe.

Little baby.

Love this place.

Our little babies.

Oh my.

Precious.

Eat, sleep, poop, repeat.

Littles.

Justin's hand.

Snuggles.

Feeding 2 at once.

Playing.

Sunday, September 3, 2023

RIP Mia

 RIP Mia
Nov 4, 2022-Aug 9th, 2023
Ugh, ugh, ugh. I am so sad!! 
My little Mia passed before our eyes.  Hard to write this.
Heart Murmur got the best of her and she basically suffocated. 
We didn't take her in because it was too late.  We wanted her to go in peace.
We have know she had a heart murmur which can be a life expectancy of 6-9 months.
Of course, I didn't ever think that would really happen and now looking back her traits are definitely
symptoms of heart murmur kitties.  She would always hide when new people came around, pant, not really play, would lay around a bunch.  When we went to the Bahamas she did warm up to Andy staying in our house.  When we got back, I thought she was hiding and panting a bit due to anxiousness of the changes and looking back I understand now, UGH! She was hiding, not eating a bunch, stopped letting me carry her, breathe smelled awful.  She was dying inside, :( :(
One Morning Justin noticed her making "THAT" horrible noise! We knew right then. She was trying to hide, didn't want me to hold her, and continued making the noise. I didn't know what to do. The vet was closed and by the time we got to the ER one and checked in it would be too late. I didn't want to wake the boys but thought they should say bye. UGH UGH. So, we did. Then, she tried to bite me....I knew...We put her in the little carrier with a blanket and in her little spot on the chair.  Petted her and let her know it was ok to go. OH MY!!!I miss her soooooo bad :( :( :( 
Then, we had to take her to get her ashes.  The shelter was packed with volunteers and all the Lahaina people.  Thankfully, I volunteer there and know the staff.  I was able to get right in and drop her off.
Sad Sad day! I miss her every morning.  I use to get up, she would let me carry her downstairs and lick me the whole way.  She would hang out with me, follow me around and then always go in the bathroom with me after surfing too. Mia, I miss you! I love you and you will always be in my heart.
RIP and see you at the rainbow bridge :(


Monday, October 23, 2023

Kittens

Lots of kitten pics.
We love having these little babies around even though it is a LOT of work!
They bring us a lot of joy and warmth to our hearts.

Tiny.

So small.

Snuggles.

Sharky.

Sweetie,

Scooting.

Love bugs.

Aw.

Letting them roam.

Shelby the good dog.

Snuggles.

Growing.

Here she comes!

Love.

Reading buddies.

Attacking the bottle.

Trying to hungry hurry!

Pile of babies.

I made this pillow.

So comfy.

Another kitten session.

No interest in real food.

Bowl, yes.

Sleep to grow.



Monday, November 27, 2023

My kittens

Me and miss baby blue.

My little babies.

Giving Sharky a bath.

Making the kittens a pillow.

Miss Bella loves to help Justin work.

Take 1. Poor little Sweetie is crying.

Hi, Sharky.

Hurry, they are falling. Ha!
My little babies.

Sharky.

Sweetie has 3 legs.

Mr. Sharky wasn't doing well.  We thought we were going to lose him :(
but we got him to turn around! Whew!!

Sweet boy!

Helping me sew.

They like the pillows I made.

Little rascals.

Saturday, December 9, 2023

Kittens Meet Us

I have started a kitten blog! I can't believe we have been fostering for 5 years.  I hope this blog will help get them a furr ever home faster!  When I was looking back over my blog to see how many we have fostered I had the idea to create a kitten blog!  We have fostered around 100 kittens, give or take! It was fun to create.  I will still be posting them here and then updating the kittens too. Have fun watching them grow!



 
Sharky:
Aloha, my name is Sharky and I am looking for my forever home. I am a cute, lovable, vocal little guy who likes to play and snuggle. I will talk to you, look at you with my sharky eyes and be by your side. I am independent if you are my buddy, but will play and get along with other cats, kids, dogs, and the vacuum!






L520 Sweetie
My name is Sweetie. I am looking for my furrever home. My name says it all-I am super sweet! I am soft and will hug you to make you smile. I lost my rear leg because my umbilical cord wrapped around it. That doesn’t stop me from getting around and being a normal cat. I love my sisters Pandy and Goldie. We would love to be together but I also get along with other cats, dogs, kids and the vacuum! Please contact my foster mom jodeledwards@gmail.com






L521-Goldie
My name is Goldie. I am looking for my furrever home. I have an amazing, beautiful coat of hair that is soft with a golden color. I love to play and explore. I am full of fun, frisky energy that will bring you smiles, laughs and joy. When I’m tired, I love being snuggled. I am super smart and you will know it! Please show me your home! I love my sister Pandy and/or Sweetie because we explore together if you can love us together! I get along with other cats, dogs, kids and the vacuum! Please contact my foster mom jodeledwards@gmail.com





L522-Pandy
Aloha, my name is Pandy. I am looking for my furrever home! I am unique like a panda bear with my soft, neat coat and bear eyes. I’m energetic, lovable and curious. Please show me around, be by my side and give me lots of love and snuggles. I would love to be adopted with my sister Goldie and/or Sweetie. We love to play and explore together. I get along with other cats, dogs, kids and the vacuum! Please contact my foster mom jodeledwards@gmail.com





Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Merry Kittenmas

Pandy and Goldie have found a home! 
Thank you for sharing the word, communication makes the kittens flow and lives be saved!  
Sharky and Sweetie still need homes!
Sharky.

Sweetie!

Sweet sweetie.

Sharky sweet face.

Sharky was PASSED out.

Snuggles with Sharky.

Sweetie

Kitten moments.

Tormenting Shelby.  Shelby is such a good dog!

The 4 stooges. 

Goldie

Helping me out.

Goldie playing music time.

Helping being festive.

Stocking moment with Pandy and Goldie.

Awe! Goldie.

Christmas tree is so fun with Sharky and Sweetie.

JOY Pandy in the leap. Goldie in the arg!

Kisses with Goldie.

Pandy.

Bella is mad Goldie is in her space.

Feeding time.



Thursday, December 21, 2023

Bye Kittens

Saying goodbye is never easy!
Pandy and Goldie got a home! Sharky and Sweetie are now back at MHS Shelter so people can see them when they go to adopt a furry friend.  It is always a sad day returning them. Lots of tear and prayers that they get adopted! I have to remind myself why I am doing what I am.  For the babies! Saving lives! Helping get them a home! They are all more adoptable and will get a great home.
We love you!

The two buddies getting adopted together! Yay!

Sharky wanting to chow down. He still needs a home.

Last night with Sharky and Sweetie.

Laser fun!

Cat cafe is another fun place to go hang with cats, get to know them and fall in love.
We love going there.  They are doing such a great thing! So glad we found this place. It is always great having like minded people around you. 😻

So cute!

So sweet, she crawled into my lap.

He loves me.

Houdini.

Hanging with the cats.

Thursday, December 21, 2023

Kitten Last Days

We are baby sitting until Pandy and Goldie's adoptees get them on Christmas Eve.
Just enjoying our last days together.

 Pandy relaxing with me.

Snuggled up in Shelby's bowl.

Hungry! Whose that in my bowl?

Pandy reading up a storm.

Goldie hanging out with Dylan.

Sweetie.

Last night with Sharky and Sweetie.

Laser fun!

Just chilling.

Great news!!!!  Sharky and Sweetie got a home in Hana!!!

Thursday, December 21, 2023

Meet Owlly

Meet Owlly. 
She needs socialization and a break from the shelter.  Poor thing is petrified.  Our house is a great for this socialization foster case. Lots of loud love.  She is going to get so much attention and learn that so many things are safe even when they sound soooo loud!  It will be interesting to see her progression.

Her name was Mr. Owl.  Then the shelter became aware that she is a girl!!1 So, they named her Chestnut.  We have named her Owlly.  Those eyes are so owl like, we couldn't resist.

She is hissy but quickly stops.  She can't resist love.
Those eyes.

Churu is irresistible. 

Food is the way to a kitten's heart.

She loves neck rubs.

So scared but hanging out briefly.

And trying to play.

Learning humans are safe.

Relaxing a bit.

Feeling safe in the burrito.

Friday, December 22, 2023

Owlly Day 2and3

Owlly day 2.
Already relaxing a bit.  She still hisses but is quick to stop and 
Hudson was able to get her to come out of her crate on her own.


Day 3
She is hanging outside her crate with us.

Read aloud with her.

She loves neck rubs.

Playing with the sock.

She got it.

She came over to Dylan's hand.

Sunday, December 31, 2023

Owlly

 Relaxing and showing her face more.

Chilling.

I am feeling more at home.

Adventure out of the bathroom to hang out on the sofa.

I have been taking her out of the bathroom for field trips.  
She likes it for about 10 min then she is ready to be back in her spot.

She came out on her own.

Sunday, December 31, 2023

Owlly progress

She is progressing so much.  She comes out now on her own, enjoys hanging out with me on the sofa, very curious of the other cats and Shelby and isn't hissing as much!  10 days! Yay.  I think she will be able to get her surgery and be up for adoption soon.

You are so cute. 

I moved her to the kitchen.  She is very curious of the other cats.

Taking her out for field trips.

A little alert but enjoying being out of her crate.

Starting to relax.

Chilling with me on the sofa.

Very interest in Bella.

Think she will play with me?

Maybe Baby Blue will.