Skip to main content

2021 Kitties

 

Sunday, March 14, 2021

Kitty Love

 

Baby Kitties!!!

These tiny things are 1.5 weeks old.  So fragile and so sad that they have no Mom....except me now!


How sweet.

Oh my.

Bear face.

So tiny.

Snuggling.

We love the Humane Society.

Momma Shelby.

Bella, the crazy cat.

Saturday, March 27, 2021

Kitty Shower

 I did a bottle demonstration for the kitten shower at the Humane Society.

Live on Facebook.

Legit.

Filming.

Kitten Shower.

Little babies.

Info on Ring worm.

Friday, April 16, 2021

Kitten litter

  
It has been a rough foster month.  This litter had a pack of 3 and 2 were premature.  Sadly, around 4 weeks  kitten fading syndrome kicked in.  So so so sad to watch them decline so rapidly.  From being so healthy to not thriving anymore.  From playing, eating and being a normal kitten to not eating, playing, shaking, lethargic and overall fading.  It was so sad.  We took them in and I begged to see if I could turn them around and sadly that night one passed.  I thought the other one may make it since she was gaining weight.  Then, a week later the it started and we had to put her down.  UGH!!!! I love fostering but these are the moment my heart is so sad.  I have to remind myself how fragile they are and without us they would all die.  17-25% fade.  Then, the last one surviving came down with a virus.  Thankfully, it was just a kitten virus and he recovered.  We were so sad and scared that the same thing was happening.  THANK YOU Pono for pulling through!

Trying to heal her. UGH! See you at the rainbow bridge Felix.  UGH!!!!

Sick Pono

Healthy boy.

Gaining.

Love this guy.

Grieving.

Pono potato is going to make it.

Bye little miss.  UGH! See you at the rainbow bridge.  :(

Sunday, May 2, 2021

Kitties

Always sad to see the kittens go!  These two were Wings of Aloha selections to fly to a mainland shelter to get adopted.  A Hui Hou babies.  Little Pono and Midnight, we will always remember.  Pono was one of 3 that survived and Midnight came to us terrified, hissy, and not super social.  He left frisky, playful, lovable and full of love.  We will miss them both.

Bye babies.

Room for more!

Meet Sunny, Simon, and Garfield.

Sweet faces.

My talent - bottle feed 2 at once, soon 3.

I have the 2 down.

Sunny.

Sunday, May 2, 2021

Wags for Riches

We love going to help the Humane Society by being in charge of the vending machine.
 

We were invited to campout for the Wags for Riches fundraising event they were having. 
They had a fundraiser and the top raisers got to go spend the night in a hotel with a dog.  The other 8 were invited to do a kennel slumber party with a dog.  We were invited to campout in Freddie's , the tortoise, yard. So, the boys and I couldn't turn it down.  We had a blast and so grateful to get to participate. 
 We love the shelter!

The theme was luxury.  Mom, this is luxury! - Hudson

Spending time with the kitties.

Cat toy.

Setting up.
Camping.

Our tent.  It has been a while since we camped!
Thanks to the staff for helping us set this tent up!  I would not have been able to do it to this extent alone!

Sweet puppy.  Looks like Shelby.

Our hotel for the night.

Trivia time.

Meet Hamster, one of the many dogs the shelter has saved.  This guy was literally dying when he came in.  Poor guy!

This sweet girl! I would totally take her if I could.

Reading jokes to the dogs.

Hey you...

That is hilarious!

Kennel slumber party decorations.

Saturday, June 26, 2021

New Babies

I LOVE my babies! So grateful I get to be their foster Mom and have helpers at home that love to help!
Family giving = LOVE!!!
The boys and I love going to the shelter, attending to the vending machine, having Justin help out on the Costco runs, and we all love fostering!!  So grateful we are able to give as a family together.

 New set of bottle babies.

Triplets.

Growing fast.

Hard to get anything done!


Friday, July 2, 2021

Kitten time

Reading to the kittens. 

Karaoke, Bella singing.

Baby Blue's turn.

Sunday, July 25, 2021

Mom

I had a great birthday!  40, really???
It was perfect and I did everything I love to do.  Coffee with Justin. Workout. Swim with my boys doing a water, sand wish spread with the boys.  I love watching Dylan dive down and swim through caves, swimming with Hudson, and Justin finding me shells.  My class and Choice snacks.  Library time.  Boys showing me with love, affection, and sentimental gifts: guitar, bird bath, and wind spinner for my garden.  I loved getting a lesson on the guitar from Hudson.  I gave myself and the boys a dance game and that was fun to play.  Zoom chat and cheers with my Mom with leftover cake from Hudson's party.  I loved the cake so much I wanted to save it for myself :).  I got to remember my Grandma and how special she was to me.

It was a day FULL of insights, goals, and self exploring.  Perfect for a big milestone.  I took control and did what I wanted and planned it vs. expecting someone to do it for me and having expectations.  Thank you to all that made my day special and donated to the Keiki Maui Education.  That made me happy to help them! I am grateful to all that have shaped my life.  I really enjoyed spending time with my family doing the things I love and them making me feel special and meaningful.

Happy Birthday to Mom and Hudson. 

That was fun.

I am going to miss this last litter. They were so snuggly, loving, and low maintenance.  I am so happy they got good homes.  I hope Little Christopher gets a great home too.  It is so hard not to keep him!!!
I would have 800 cats if I could!

OMG

This little guy.

Miss.

Little lover Christopher.

Stop already.

So sweet.

They love me.

Snuggle.

Playing.

Friday, November 19, 2021

Dont mess with my cats

 Foster video we made for the Humane Society to try to gather more fosters!

Can you believe this???
Baby blue went missing at the beginning of the month.  I thought she was hiding since it was flea medicine time and she hates it.  I thought it was a little weird she didn't come for dinner but didn't think much of it until the next day when she still wasn't around.  Then, Justin got a text from a neighbor on the street over that they were missing their cat too.  They both went missing on the same day.  Hmmmm...
He thought their neighbors cat killing dogs may have gotten them but they are not the kind of people you want to confront so we continued to wait it out, contact other neighbors, and look around.
Next day or two, Justin gets a call from the same neighbor to let us know that the neighbor behind our house was bragging that he trapped 2 neighbor cats and took them to the parking lot where he works and let them out!!! WTF!?!?!?

So, they went to confront the guy immediately and sure enough he lied at first then he admitted he took Baby Blue and let her out.  He would not say where or what happened to the other cat as he looked down. It probably is because something happened and that neighbor is famous so he didn't want to look him in the eye?!?!  We were off to go search!!!
Word travels fast on island so next thing we know we are in contact with a girl who runs a cat colony over there and she said to come at 4:30 when she feeds them.  I didn't want to wait.  I packed water, food, etc to spend all day looking! Treats, water, cat carrier ---and a ton of visualization, feeling her, touching her and overall wanting my cat back!!
Wailea is tourist central, a ton of cars, people, no parking.....how were we going to find her???
Well, Justin dropped the boys and I to look in the employee parking lot and we called for her as we searched and I found where the cat colony feeding was.  We searched, then went to find parking at another hotel and walked back to search more....looking everywhere, telling everyone, and just hoping!
The boys were in front of me and I just kept shaking the treats and looking everywhere.  Finally, as we were by the cat colony feeding area again....I heard a meow after I said Baby Blue!!!! OMG? NO!!??  I called again....and heard it again, and again, and again.  OMG!!!
I saw her!!!!
There was a fence in between us and I didn't want to lose sight of her or have her run.  She had come out from under a shipping container.  Thankfully, some people heard me calling for Justin and the boys and decided to help.  I could not find them.  I asked them to keep an eye on her and I scaled the fence almost falling over.  I was determined!  I got closer and finally was able to get her!!! She was shaking uncontrollably and I thankfully had the couple call Justin on the phone.  Then, he ran back to get the car as I held on tight.  Finally, we got her in the car!

Don't worry, the Humane Enforcement paid him a visit and all of Maui is very aware of this guy now.

Starving and thirsty. I don't think she came out from under that shipping container for days!

Finally she was relaxed!

and we both are sooooooo grateful!!!!

Bella didn't miss a beat.

Crazy cat.

Babies.


Monday, December 13, 2021

Love grows

Lots of growing love around here...
Snoozing.

Gingerbread houses....sugar snack time.

Christmas times.

We love read aloud.

These two!

We got her a home.

It is going to be hard to part with this one.

OMG.

Little ones need a home.  Adopt me.
Mika and Max

I love you.

My baby.
Bella learning to be kind to the babies as they learn from her.

Sweetness.

Mr. Reader

Lovebugs.

Amazon gift.

She is in the mist of falling asleep.