Skip to main content

2022 Kitties

 

Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Pup Foster

 New Year, New Challenges.  Fostering kittens has lead to a request to foster puppies!
The Humane Society called me asking me to help foster some puppies that were an emergency c section.

So......

Mom, 9 months old and not spayed, started to give birth and only gave birth to one.  She was having trouble so owners took her in to CMAC emergency.  They could not afford the c section so surrendered her to the Shelter.  The shelter performed the surgery which they thought would all be still births.  Nope! 7 of them.  Mom will be released back once she is spayed.  They tried to put Mom and babies together in foster but Mom bit the lady and was not caring for her babies.  Emergency foster here we come!  They split them up amongst two workers and me.  They are different from the baby kittens.  More snuggly and somehow they are even more like my little babies.  Yep, I decided to wake at night to feed them!!  I have a feeling that this will not be my first puppy foster.
I realized how the things I did when I was a little girl and the things I wished to become all play a part in what and how I am today.  I use to play with my baby kittens, puppies, and feed a baby sheep and calf.  I wished to become a zookeeper, vet, K-9 unit, working with animals and kids in therapy, foster mom for kids, NICU baby unit, or teacher and always dreamed of being a Mom. Guess it has all been blended!  Then, I also use to dance around the house, in the front yard and dreamed of being a singer or dancer.  Play with my stuffed animals or dolls being a Mom and a teacher.  I use to volunteer at the NICU, horse therapy, shelters, Roots of Empathy teaching, teaching volunteer in Texas, Big brothers/Big Sisters, and various other volunteer moments and babysit.  Seems like me today.  Maybe I just need some more dancing and singing.  That is probably why I love to workout and I am learning ballet!!!  Now, I just need some singing.  I love to sing but have a little trouble getting over embarrassment as I learn.  I am learning the piano which it would be fun to learn to sing along as I play.  Baby steps.  
Reflecting on life and how it works really is amazing when we slow down, listen and be in the present.  Thanks little buddy for your teachings!  


Two little nuggets.
One sadly passed from Fading Syndrome. UGH!!! Never easy but at least I am more knowledgeable of the chances, signs, and the fragility of neonates so I do not take the guilt as bad as I did the first go around.

Little Cheers was weak, not eating, and having a hard time breathing.  I made him comfortable, tried to get some milk in him but it was not working.  He was still gasping for air.  I knew it was coming but was waiting for the shelter to open.  I recognized the pattern so knew what was coming.  We took him to the beach to check the surf, which was a beautiful thing.  He was peaceful and got to experience nature for the last mixtures of his life.  Rest in Peace little buddy!!!  UGH, sad face!

So precious.

Hudson is in love.

Milk coma.

Baby boy.




Saturday, February 26, 2022

Pups

The pups have come, grown, and gone back to find their forever home.
Amazing to watch them grow from little neonates that didn't even have their eyes or ears open to walking to then basically potty trained, running, playing, barking baby dogs.  It was fun having them until week 7. It became a family foster experience with Justin letting them out in the middle of the night when he work, me letting them out and dealing with them when I woke, then the boys helping out constantly too.  We loved our experience and want to do it again but know that they will only be with us until they start eating mush.  Bye babies!

Mr. Buster.

So cute.

Buddies.

Snuggles with Buster.

He is opening his eyes.

Momma bear.

Snuggles

Learning.

Tuga 

haha.

Bear bear.

How many pups?

Not sure how had more fun, Shelby or the boys!


Monday, March 14, 2022

Guinea Pig

Guinea Pig, Guinea Pig, oh Guinea Pig!!
Research, research, research, obsessed, obsessed, everything Guinea Pig!
Finally he got his wish.  We wanted to wait until we got back from our trip.  We could hardly wait!
Petco prep....
Guinea Pig Cage. 

Food

Cage set up.

So ready.

Very careful.

Monday, March 14, 2022

Fendi

 We stalked the Humane Society's website and all the sudden they had 12 guinea pigs and we got an email that it was Guinea Pig month!!  We were sad to learn 3 of the ones we thought he was interested in got adopted!  Happy for them but sad for Hudson.  Then, they got more!! Just in time for us to get home.  Got home and the next day went to meet them.

Funny how things change.....he thought he wanted a longer haired male.
He got a shorter hair female.
YAY - more female energy in the house.

Fendi...

Raisin.

Mary Jane.

I like her.

but Fendi won...

Fendi was getting a new home.

Monday, March 14, 2022

Animal Kingdom

Sure enough the evening Annie came home Dylan finds a baby chick with no mom at the park.

2 animals join the animal kingdom and they like each other.

Meet and greet.

Little Annie.

Baby Sunny.

haha....Evaluating land to see if we need a bigger space for all our animals. 


Friday, April 8, 2022

Schooling Animals 

Drone pics Justin took. 

Our Animals:

Chickie that Dylan found at the park without Mom.

She loves him.

Counting shirts at the shelter for school.

Little sunshine.

and then....OMG - it pooped on me!


Saturday, April 9, 2022

Babies

I presented again at the Kitten Shower this year and learned that to date we have had 69
fosters over the 3 years we have fostered since 2019.

LOVE my babies.
Pearl. Phoenix.

Foster fail Bella the Naughty cat.  She is staring at the mug waiting to knock it over.

Phoenix. 6 weeks.

Shelby the Nanny.

Little Maple, 3 weeks.

Sweet girl.

Ugh, this breaks my heart when I have to separate them. UGH!



Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Cat Creative

 
Hudson's Adoptable Cat school project video:

Our kittens had a check up appt so we went to volunteer.

They were creating videos at home of interviewing our kittens, so I encouraged them to make a video of the available cats for adoption.  So, Hudson did it.

Interviews.

Snuggles.

Being creative.

Cat workout.

Oh Bella.

Cat creativity?

Who is the cat?

Mr. Engineer wanted to add lights.

Snug bug.



Wednesday, December 7, 2022

MHS Sy Poem

We LOVE helping the shelter.

Hudson surprised me with this amazing poem about his favorite cat, Sy.

Sy

Puppy sitting.

Our puppy!

I am going to miss this little snug bug :(

Helping fill foster food bags.

6 weeks??? Huge!